Tuesday, September 13, 2005

The Rehearsal Part II

Today I gave my Newbie presentation at a UKOUG SIG meeting.

Despite being a bit nervous before hand, I did really well.

I got a few questions afterwards, the result of which being I will add bits into my presentation for UKOUG. I also had a lot of people congratulate me and, more importantly, tell me that they had learned something.

I'll be offline for a week now, as I'm heading off for some sun to get over the excitement of the presentation!!

If anybody out there saw my presentation today, I'd be grateful for feedback.

See you in a week!

3 Comments:

Blogger Pete_S said...

Hi Lisa

One of my DBAs was there - he thought you were good ;) - in fact one of the more accessible talks. Now there's praise, he thinks I'm rubbish!.

He did make a comment on body language post-talk - watch out for being too relaxed!

I'll try to catch the repeat in Brum

Wednesday, September 14, 2005 9:34:00 am  
Blogger Daniel Fink said...

Way to go!

After UKOUG, you'll have to come across the pond for RMOUG!

Cheers,
Dan

Thursday, September 15, 2005 1:46:00 pm  
Anonymous Neil Sheehan said...

Lisa, I came across your blog via various links, which also led me to your UKOUG presentation (http://www.ukoug.org/calendar/show_presentation.jsp?id=3840).

I'd like to download your presentation, but UKOUG requires a membership to do so. Being from the wrong side of the pond rules that out for me. Might you post it on your website?

Thanks.

Monday, September 19, 2005 2:29:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home