Saturday, October 29, 2005

Wish me luck....

Well, it's Saturday night and I've just finished packing my stuff ready to head off to Birmingham in the morning.

I'll be off quite early as I'm combining the UKOUG with a trip to the annual Dive Show at the NEC. Got to keep the other half happy too!
He is travelling with me on Sunday and we will visit the Dive Show before we meet up with everyone on the Sunday night.

I think I'm all prepared for my presentation, I'm a bit nervous but incredibly excited too!

My slot is 11:10 on Tuesday in Hall 9.

I was worried that nobody would turn up to see me, as Jonanthan Lewis is presenting in Hall 1 at the same time, but I've just checked out Tom's blog, and he's said he will be there. I think he's feeling a bit guilty as it's his fault I'm doing this, but don't worry, I may just get my own back during the presentation!!

I have a pretty packed agenda for the time I will be there. Unfortunately, I found out last week that due to work commitments, I will only be able to attend on the Monday and Tuesday.

I'm really disappointed about this as I had a few things lined up for the Wednesday that I would liked to have seen.

However, I will be there for the Blogger's dinner on the Monday night and to present on the Tuesday.
I also have the honour of introducing Lex De Haan for his "Flash Me back, Scotty" presentation at 15:10 on Monday.

For those that know me, and attended last year, I'm hoping I can finally rid myself of the 'Velcro Baby' nickname that Rachel Carmichael awarded me last year.
That was mainly due to the fact that I was so scared and nervous, that I wouldn't allow myself to be more than a couple of inches from either Rachel or Dan Fink's side!
Unfortunately neither of them are able to attend this year, so I suppose I will just have to try and hold it together by myself!

Another tag I'm determined to get rid of, is the 'urban myth' that I am the girl that spilled a glass of water over Tom Kyte.
That is not what happened, and maybe this year, I'll get my chance to put the story straight - Thomas Kyte, beware!!

Seriously, thank you to everyone who has contributed to this blog and supported me.

I will do my best to update you whilst I am there, otherwise, expect a post on my return.

Hope to see some of you in Birmingham!

3 Comments:

Blogger shrek said...

kick ass girl, and don't bother taking names, it just slows you down.;-)

Sunday, October 30, 2005 2:56:00 pm  
Blogger Rachel said...

wasn't me that gave you the nickname, that was Dan. Who was also the one to spread the "girl who spilled water" story.

As I recall, you spilled water on Dan and me.... you just threatened to "bitch-slap" Tom :)


Have fun girl, you'll do FINE!!! and send my love and appropriate hugs and kisses to everyone at the bloggers dinner.

Sunday, October 30, 2005 7:28:00 pm  
Anonymous Sandy said...

Hi Lisa,

I have followed your blog since I discovered orablogs and it's one of my favorite ones (Now I sound like one of those autogenerated spam blog entries but, believe me, I am a real person ;-) )

I enjoy your work a lot and I think it's great you have the courage to present at OKOUG.

If your presentation is only half as good as your blog you'll do great!

Best regards from Copenhagen and good luck tomorrow!

Sunday, October 30, 2005 11:16:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home