Thursday, May 18, 2006

UKOUG BI and Analytics Event

I attended the UKOUG's BI and Analytics special event on Tuesday, and as Peter Scott commented, it was indeed a good day out.

I got to meet up with Peter again and I also managed to meet some more of my colleagues from SolstonePlus who I hadn't yet met in the office.

Mark Rittman gave a good presentation on Oracle's new BI Suite Enterprise Edition. See the article here .

It was interesting to see Mark's presentation, which was based around his experiences of spending a couple of weeks playing around with Siebel Analytics, and to then see the presentation by Morgan Russell which gave the road map for Oracle BI Fusion.

Mark's presentation also gave me the opportunity to prove that I can introduce a speaker without unintentionally insulting them.

The day ended with a Q&A Panel session and there were many questions raised about Oracle Fusion, what it all meant and what the implications were for customers.

If you do have any questions or want to know more about it, then check out the docs on the Oracle website.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home