Friday, September 22, 2006

UKOUG Conference 2006

As Peter Scott has already hinted, I've received confirmation that my paper has been accepted for the UKOUG conference this year.

When I prepared the original abstract back in April, the title I decided upon was 'A DBA's Guide to Oracle 10g Data Warehousing'.

The idea behind this was that I had recently made a career move, from being a production DBA, to working with Data Warehouses and BI Tools.
In the 6 months between starting the new job and the conference, I would have learned a lot of new things about Data Warehousing.

However, following on from this little rant, I'm tempted to change the title to:

'Data Warehousing: Science or Witchcraft?'

What do you think?

I'm hoping that Jeff Moss may loan me his cauldron to use as a prop, it would make a change from the sippy cup I had last year!

Anyway, joking aside (was I?), I've got the 16:50 slot on Tuesday, right before Pete Scott, and at the same time as some other interesting presentations.

I'm sure to be talking to Doug, Pete, Mark, and Jeff, amongst others ,to get some input so be prepared guys!

5 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

and you know I wish I could be there... if only to mimic spilling water while you talk :)

seriously, I'm loving the change in you in just a few short years -- from "velcro Lisa" who stuck closely to me or Dan all conference, to "guru Lisa", out in front of the room presenting.

Now if we could only get you to NYC... I've discovered an even BETTER bar, with an even larger selection of single malts!

Saturday, September 23, 2006 9:56:00 pm  
Blogger Jeff Moss said...

I look forward to talking to you about your presentation...it will be nice to return the favour!

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 9:52:00 pm  
Blogger Lisa said...

Rachel - I wish you could be here too, it would be good to see you again.

Dan will be here though so I'm sure he'll be keeping an eye on me!

Wednesday, September 27, 2006 8:28:00 am  
Blogger Lisa said...

Jeff Moss said....

it will be nice to return the favour!


Hmmmm, are you talking about helping with the presentation, or the intro?!

Wednesday, September 27, 2006 8:30:00 am  
Blogger Thomas Kyte said...

Hmm, 16:50, mine is at 17:50 - ok, I can make your presentation.

I'll make sure to pack my raincoat and umbrella....


:)

Sunday, October 08, 2006 12:02:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home