Friday, November 10, 2006

UKOUG Countdown

It's almost that that time of year again!

No, not Christmas, it's the UKOUG Annual Conference next week in Birmingham.

I've been crazy busy this last week working on my presentation, but I'm pretty much there now. I just have to make sure that I remember everything I want to say on the day!

It'll be my 3rd time at UKOUG, and my second time presenting.

Last year I gave my 'Help! I'm a Newbie' presentation, which went quite well for my first attempt.

This year's presentation is 'A DBA's Guide to 10g Data Warehousing'.
It's more technical than last year's, so will hopefully show how much progress I've made.

A big thank you though to Mark Rittman, Doug Burns, Jeff Moss and Peter Scott for giving me a few ideas for the presentation and for giving feedback on the draft.

Of course, in addition to the presentations, the highlight of UKOUG is catching up with people that you haven't seen since last year. The Blogger's meetup is usually a good way of doing this - so do come along.

5 Comments:

Blogger Pete_S said...

An honour!

Friday, November 10, 2006 6:34:00 pm  
Blogger Vidya Balasubramanian said...

Lisa good luck with the Presentation. Well....I dont know much about the presentations- just looking at the topics from a Newbie Presentation to 10g Warehousing sounds like a huge jump and big progress (a few yrs back at an interview I got asked ....how did you go from handling single instances to OPS environments is'nt that a huge jump ...my response was "who said career growth had to be linear it can be exponential") Good Luck and we will wait to see the blogs from UKOUG.

Friday, November 10, 2006 9:13:00 pm  
Blogger Robert Vollman said...

One of these years I'll get to go...

Friday, November 10, 2006 10:37:00 pm  
Blogger Rachel said...

I love you child but I hate you. I so remember your first UKOUG (no, not the water glass debacle) but you clinging to either me or Dan, as if you would go up in smoke if you let us out of your sight.

The progress is wonderful, the change is amazing and exciting and I'm loving that I had a part in pushing you into all this

Saturday, November 11, 2006 2:52:00 am  
Blogger Teko said...

So, How it went?
Any impressions?

Tuesday, November 14, 2006 6:21:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home