Tuesday, November 21, 2006

UKOUG Review

It’s Monday night now, and I think I have finally caught up on all of the sleep I missed last week!

As usual, the UKOUG annual conference was an event well worth attending.

I arrived Monday afternoon, and spent most of Monday night catching up with people I hadn’t seen since last year.

The exhibition hall wasn’t open on Tuesday, so that was the only day that I could really attend any presentations, however, I spent most of the day preparing for mine!

The feedback I got on the day was that my presentation went well, however I wasn’t too happy with it as I know I could have done better.
I was incredibly nervous this time and seemed to race through all of the slides and finished early.
Although as this was the second to last presentation of the day I’m sure the attendees didn’t mind too much!
I did get some good advice on how to improve the presentation, so I will be taking that on board and making some changes before I present it again.

It was also very nice to see some friendly faces in the audience to support me.

After my presentation, it was Peter Scott’s turn, and it was his first presentation at conference. Like me Pete was nervous, but he did very well indeed.

Tuesday night was the Blogger’s meet-up and I have to say ‘Thanks and Well Done’ to Mark Rittman for organising it again. The buffet food and networking theme worked much better than last year’s sit-down dinner, although there were so many people there it was difficult to get to talk to everyone!

Wednesday to Friday I spent ‘on-duty’ on the SolStonePlus stand. This was my third year at Conference, but in the past I have been either a delegate or a speaker. Being an exhibitor is extremely hard work and it was very strange to see things from a different perspective.

It was also nice to attend a staff night out with everyone from SolStonePlus. Most of the Consultants are on-site during the week, and when I’m not, I’m up here in Newcastle so it’s always nice to catch up with everyone in the same room!

I’ve added a few photos from the conference here

You can also find more photos at these links:

David Kurtz
http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidkurtz/tags/ukoug2006/

Connor McDonald
http://www.flickr.com/photos/62933487@N00/

Mark Rittman
http://www.flickr.com/photos/markrittman/sets/72157594380437598/

Mark did well to survive the week, following on from his Blog Disaster.

There'll be more on that story on Friday, when I host this weeks Log Buffer so make sure you check in!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Alex Gorbachev said...

Hey Lisa,
UKOUG is a great place to go and be involved. I was very pleased to meet you and so many other people face to face.
Cheers,
Alex

Friday, November 24, 2006 6:07:00 am  
Blogger Lisa said...

It was good to meet you too Alex, the UKOUG is indeed a great place to network and meet new people!

Friday, November 24, 2006 2:37:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home