Tuesday, November 18, 2008

UKOUG Director Elections

As I mentioned in my last post, I am currently running as a candidate in the election for a place on the UKOUG Board of Directors this year.

The election process has now begun, and voting closes on December 1st.

More information on the election process itself, the current Directors and this years candidates can be found on the UKOUG website and my details can be found here.

Ballot papers will be sent to the main contact for each membership, but if they have a colleague who is better placed to make that judgment, such as an active SIG member, then the vote can be passed to them.

As with any election, it's important that each membership takes the opportunity to vote.

By voting, you are ensuring that your community is represented on the Board of Directors and you are helping to shape the future of the UKOUG.

I've been actively involved with the UKOUG for many years, and for the last 3 years I have been a Volunteer co-chairing the Windows SIG and organising the Northern Server Technology Days and Back to Basics event.

I'm hoping for a place on the Board of Directors so that I can continue to ensure that both the Beginner's community and users in the North of England will have representation on the Board.

If you're a member of the UKOUG then please do vote, or liaise with the main contact for your vote, and hopefully vote for me!

2 Comments:

Blogger Stephen said...

Good luck on the election. If I was a member of UKOUG I would vote for you for sure :)

Thursday, November 20, 2008 3:46:00 am  
Blogger Marco Gralike said...

Here, Here !

Congratulations regarding your nomination.

;-)

Friday, December 05, 2008 8:37:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home