Tuesday, August 03, 2010

What will Oracle buy next?

Stephen Jannise of ERP Software Advice has written an interesting article around likely targets for Oracle's next acquisition.

The article is well written and well thought out, being based on research into the past 5 years of Oracle acquisitions alongside a study into the current market.

There's also a diagram to show all of the companies that Oracle has acquired since the PeopleSoft acquisition in 2004. There's over 40 of them and it's quite something to see them all laid out in the diagram.

Based on the research and an analysis of Oracle's M&A strategy, the study has presented a list of 13 potential targets and Stephen is asking readers to vote on who they think is the most likely candidate for a future acquisition.

I had a bit of a think about it and, as anyone who knows me will testify, my thought patterns can be a bit odd - which has made me think that the next acquisition is likely to be something in the networking arena - so I have voted for Juniper.

But I'm not an Analyst so that's just my opinion.

Go and take a look at the article and have fun with the voting. It'll be interesting to see the results to find out what other people think.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jack said...

Thanks for giving update about oracle

Thursday, December 02, 2010 10:25:00 am  
Anonymous sap erp system said...

Since past few years Oracle has teamed up and acquired so many companies. I have read that article also and it is really interesting. Every one do have own point of view but most of the people do have chosen Informatica as the next target. I will go with that and thanks for the latest updates.

Thursday, June 23, 2011 6:11:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home